The Steps in the Adoption Process
- Contact our office 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-877-264-3555 or contact us online.
- Discuss the adoption process, your needs and an adoption plan.
- Review Birth Mother material.
- Begin prenatal care if you have not done so already, we can assist you in finding a doctor and receiving medical coverage.
- Review adoptive family profiles and choose the perfect family for your baby.
- Contact the adoptive family you have chosen, either telephone call or meeting.
- Receive financial assistance (living assistance and/or medical coverage) provided as needed and where permissible.
- Ongoing check in with the office and/or your adoptive family for duration of pregnancy.
- Arrangements for when you are in labor.
- Spend time with baby, adoptive family, and counselor as you would like at hospital.
- Assistance going home from hospital if needed.
- Sign documents consenting to adoption of your baby.
- Receive post birth financial support if necessary and permissible.
- Check in with office and/or adoptive family.
- Choose what type of contact you would like after the adoption. Closed, Letter and Pictures or visits.